Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Are We So Different







We come from diverse cultures and different upbringings
Some listen to Hip Hop others straight up country singing

But don't we all want peace of mind, a brighter future
  and to spend more time

with the ones we love, and the things we like
We want food in our bellies and a warm bed at night

I don't know, maybe I missed it
But my question is,
Are we so different

I mean, I know our politics make us scream and shout
And all the ish we're fed, we use to call each other out

But don't we deserve to live a life that's free,
from religious persecution and demagoguery

I don't know, maybe I'm twisted
but the question still remains
Are we so different

So different that we are willing to justify
 innocent people being accused of an insidious lie

So different because we don't share the same views 
on every little thing, so we fall for a ruse

I don't know, maybe our values have shifted 
but, seriously, people
Are we really that ( F*cking ) different

T.C

Iam Tim Clark All rights reserved c 2017














No comments:

Post a Comment