Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Poem for June 24 ( Just be you)








"I'm not flexible,"
She said, 

as she 
entered 
the room

I said, "I'm glad 
that you told me"

"Cause I don't 
like to assume"

She looked 
kind of nervous

So, I gave her a smile

And, before I could
say another word

She asked me, "What style"

"What style of yoga
are we gonna do"

I looked her in
 eyes

and just said,
"true"

Then she unrolled
her mat

and kinda' looked
away

As I started the
class,

 on the 
practice
for the day

By the end of the
class, 

I saw relief on her
face

And she thanked
me for the message
of,

"Move at your 
own pace"

And, how our
bodies will tell
us how we
should move

and about the clutter of the
mind that inhibits
our groove

Then with a grin
she said, 

"I get it now,"

"True"

"Yoga's not about 
flexibility"

"It's about
just being
you"


T








No comments:

Post a Comment