Sunday, June 15, 2014

Poem for June 15 (Happy Father's day)



Happy Father's Day





Hey Mr. C
when I was young,
 you intimidated me

 Your walk,
your talk 
and the power it
exuded

but  
I grew to realize, later
on, that shit
was smoothest

A man's man, 
that's what you really were

About handling your business
no matter what would occur

A rational thinker
from finish 
to start

And though our
words were
brief

I remember them,
clearly,
Mr. Clark

You'd say, "It's all about
how it affects you"

And, though people 
may not get it 
 "To thine own self 
be true"

And, although, Ma 
taught me how to be a little 
more caring

For your business acumen,
I thank you, for sharing

For being a
self made man
who gave it 
all he had

And even with a
 strained relationship, 
you were still my hero,
my dad

May 
your wisdom
and those
memories
never cease

 Happy Father's day, 
to you
and may you 
Rest in peace

Timothy Clark













No comments:

Post a Comment