Wednesday, March 6, 2013


Hypnotized I

Hypnotized 
by the rise 
of fire 

in our hands
Linking us to new and exciting lands

One for you
and one for me

without it we're in agony

Lets get lost in its trance of light
Never ever let it out are sights

No! Not for too long
Cause the allure is much too strong

We're addicted to its flames
perpetually influencing our impressionable
 brains

All the time
feeding us stimulation for the mind
All the time

Feigning reality, but its artificial
 It has all the new bells and whistles

So let me stare 
Let me fly through the air, unaware

Of the world that surrounds
Forever to fire I am bound

lost is my attention
from the sights and sounds

till it happens

 in a flash

 Steel on steel 
 a mighty 
CRASH!

The flame I saw
was my last.

T.C





















1 comment:

  1. Whoa. Surprise ending on this one. Didn't see it coming.

    ReplyDelete