Friday, February 3, 2017

Till The Fire Next Time (Inspired by the words of James Baldwin)




I do not own this pic


 " It is certain, in any case, that ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have."  I looked up, with a blank expression.
She laughed

" James A. Baldwin", she said,
then close her book and got in bed.

Kissing me over and over again,
and quoting Baldwin
 She whispered, "Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within." 

I asked, if this was the evidence of things not seen?
Bae said, " Either that or a love supreme."


Well, perhaps, I should go tell it on the mountain, I exclaimed.
 It doesn't matter, she said.
 "No one knows my name"

Just then, I smiled at her and thought,
 If Beale street could talk

We, would be infamous 
But this talk, there's no sense in it


So lets kiss, and love, and drink some wine.
Then go our separate ways till the fire next time.

T.C

Iam Tim Clark All rights reserved c 2017





No comments:

Post a Comment